Friday, March 03, 2006

Illustration Friday - INSECT


That is my picture for IF topic "Insect" It was the first what pop-up in my head about this topic ..nice Basho´s haiku .
*
Did you know that there is 5500 species of dragonflies in 30 tribes ? The biggest can be 6,5-9 cm wide !
*
Toto je môj obrázok pre IF tému HMYZ.To bolo to prvé,čo ma napadlo..krásna haiku od japonského básnika Bašó.
*
Vedeli ste,že je známych 5500 druhov vážok v 30 čeľadiach? Tie najväčšie môže mať rozpätie krídel 6,5 - 9 cm !



Dragonfly is done in my "daily" sketchbook , background in watercolor,drawing by glass dip pen and sepia ink Ferrario .

4 comments:

RheLynn said...

Very beautiful illustration, with detail ! I love working with pen and ink as well. The sepia colour is very natural and slightly antique.

Love the haiku!

On a side note: I used to write my dates just like yours here, and my teacher (2-dimensional drawing) told me it was 'odd.' I didn't stop ;o) I like seeing yours done the same way.

Teri said...

Your dragonfly is beautifully detailed! Love it.

The Unknown said...

Beautiful.
love

Annie B said...

Nice dragonfly, Jako. Thanks for showing the photo of your beautiful glass pen, too.