Friday, June 30, 2006

EDM#73 : Mailbox

mail·box :
1. A public container for deposit of outgoing mail. Also called postbox.
2. A private box for incoming mail. Also called letterbox.
3. A computer file or set of files for the collection and storage of e-mail.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


This is not my own private mailbox, because mine is not interesting in any way. This one is very simply, very "boxy" , old , used and rusty, but still functional. From my point of view - it is the most romantic mailbox I´ve ever seen.

You can find it on the beach Flic en Flac (depicted below in these small photos), located on the west coast of island Mauritius. When I saw it for the first time, it was interesting. For the second time I cannot resist to make picture of it.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Wonderful job on this postbox! I love how the shadow falls on it.

Your other two photos are beautiful locations.

Sue Seibert said...

Jan, what a great drawing of the post box. Rusty and old are much more interesting that sparkling new! I also love the photos of the beach. What beautiful sand!

Alison said...

A very evocative little painting - I would like to open this mail box and see what letters are inside :)