Monday, June 26, 2006

3in1: Trip to Prague

Last weekend we spent in Czech republic,that is a reason why 3in1 title. First day right in the capital city, in Prague. I must say I love Prague, especially Old town with it´s nostalgic atmosphere , Prague is full of interesting views and details .And if you want to draw.... :-) A must for me is always stop at the Clockhouse Tower :
As you see , it is still working, each hour doors are opened and you can see 12 apostols marching. Your next steps can go through Old town to Karl´s Bridge over river Vltava, where you can see stunning view to Hradčany . I try a quick sketch :
Another popular place is Venceslav´s Square , where is National museum . Aim for me this time was exhibition "Hundreds years with the silk ".

This exhibition show unique collection (from China National museum) of silk , from the oldest fragments of silk fabrics (dated b.c.) up to modern times.Very interesting !

3 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Jan, what a wonderful trip. I love the photographs you took and the sketches you made. Especially interesting to hear of Charles IV, the statue of St. Nicholas, and the crown. Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with all of us.

Felicity Grace said...

What an interesting blog you have!

Anonymous said...

Can I say a few words about my trip to Prague one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. We started our visit in Prague in a beautiful park, which brought us to the top of the hill from where Stalin once protected the whole city. Going down we entered the gate of Belvedere Castle, surrounded by incredible promenade parks, where, hundred years ago, all the ladies of the high society drunk their tea and admired the lovely flowers and the remarkable Singing Fountain.