Monday, August 07, 2006

Holiday in Telč

Last weekend I spent in lovely town Telč , in Czech republic.This town in the South of the Českomoravská Vrchovina (Bohemian-Moravian Highlands) contains a castle and a long urban triangular plaza with well-conserved Renaissance houses with gables and arcades. The town’s origins date back to 1099, since 1992 has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
*
The plaza has so distinctive atmosphere (as you can see) for painting and drawing , unfortunately most of the time was bad weather , was raining cats and dogs.





Holidays in Telč is a summer 14-day music festival and presentation of music groups supplemented with theater and movie performances. Strong evidence of growing popularity is the fact that the festival enters its 22th year of existence and is attended by approximately 20.000 visitors every year. And despite falling water from the sky there was plenty of people willing to see theater performance and (fortunately in shielded space of cellar ) concert of folk group KOA - that was a highlight of the evening for me !
















How I said , most of the time was rainy , so I made only quick sketches in my daily sketchblock. Sketching in concert was opposite , more- less (more more than less ) blind contour :-) No, not really , but imagine...drawing in full crowded semi dark room .



2 comments:

Teri said...

I love looking at your travel photos. You do a great job on them and the explanations. Thanks.

Alison said...

These are great. I wish I could just pop to such places for a weekwnd.